Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The BIG surprise!

On September 18th we went to the Great Wall of China and had the most amazing day. That evening, after we had rested, we headed to Beihai Lake for dinner and some drinks. We picked this lovely restaurant, with outside seating, right on the water but unfortunately I don't know the name of it.
 
 After dinner we headed back to our favorite hutong alley, Nan Luoguxiang. We decided to go into the Backward bar for a couple of drinks before heading home. The bar is very quaint and eclectic with a mix of tables and couches along with different style coffee tables and lamps. It was pretty quite for a Tuesday and we sat in the back on one of the couches. I was watching Shakira videos (ha ha) on their TV screen not really paying much attention when all the sudden I turned to ask Scott a question and there he was holding an engagement ring! It was at the perfect moment and Scott caught me completely off guard which he claims is hard to do. Hmm I am not so sure of that - LOL!  So Beijing and the Backward Bar will always hold a special place in our hearts and I could not have asked for a better place to get engaged to my best friend!


Post a Comment
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips
Blogging tips