Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Vancouver

The time has finally come and Scott is back to work full-time. Our first stop is Vancouver which I have never been too so I am excited to check out the city. This was also the first time I have been somewhere, out of the country, where I am by myself during the day and will have to "entertain" myself. Guess we will find out if this new lifestyle is for me.

We are staying at the Renaissance Harbourside which is centrally located downtown at the waterfront. It was a beautiful day so I walked over the Stanley Park which is very close to the hotel. This is the view from the back of our hotel walking toward the park.
The park was huge but there really wasn't much to see so I didn't take that many pictures.

A lot of high-rise apartments along the water.
View of Vancouver downtown from Stanley Park

Taking the Aquabus ferry is the easiest way to get to the different areas of Vancouver. We took it over to Granville Island where there is a public market and a lot of shops and restaurants.

Granville Island
We also went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, which is a bridge that crosses over the Capilano River. It is 446 feet long and 230 feet above the river
This is a photo from the internet to give you an idea of the length and height of the bridge. Travel and Leisure magazine listed this as "One of the scariest bridges in the world"!
I'm not a huge fan of heights as you can see with my death grip hold in this picture. Walking across it, there is a slight dip in the middle and the entire bridge sways. The more people on the bridge, the more it sways.
On the other side, there are hiking trails and more smaller bridges.

A nice view of the suspension bridge in the back

Cable Car taking you up to Grouse Mountain, a ski area in the winter.
View from Grouse Mountain

Famous steam clock in Gastown District.

Post a Comment
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips
Blogging tips